The Warrenville Police Department employs three non-sworn Community Service Officers, which serve the City in three varied community service functions:
- Community Service Officer (CSO) responsibilities can include enforcing non-criminal complaints and ordinances, traffic control duties, parking enforcement, traffic data collection, vehicle and building lockouts, fingerprinting job applicants, and conducting station tours.
- Community Service Technician (CST) responsibilities can include receiving, preparing, and maintaining recovered evidence and property, court-related chain of evidence, and planning and coordinating City auctions of surplus police property and seized vehicles.
- Animal Control Officer (ACO) along with regular CSO responsibilities an ACO will also handle animal calls, and is available to address schools, children’s groups, homeowners’ associations, etc. regarding humane animal education and dog bite prevention.
Good-to-Know City Ordinances and Illinois Law Changes
- Abandoned Vehicles (City Ordinance 6-3-3b9)
- Child Passenger Car Seat Law - change in law eff. 01/01/2019
- Handicapped Parking (City Ordinance 5-3-13) Handicapped Parking Illinois Law and Quick Links
- Handicapped Parking Program Abuse - Warrenville news article
- Handicapped Parking Program Abuse Complaint Form - IL Secretary of State
- IL Secretary of State website - online services and search page
- Parking (City Ordinance 5-3-4)
Safety Resources for your Family
- Keeping all Kids Safe - Safe Kids Worldwide website
- National Crime Prevention Council website
- Safety and Security tips for your Home - StaySafe.org website
- Test your Bicycle Safety knowledge - take the IL Bike Safety quiz
Visit our Police Resources page for information for your family and home, common City ordinances, applying for jobs, internships or programs, and recycling and outreach needs.
Visit our Police Events page for upcoming and post event information.