- Time: 7:00 P.M.
- Days: 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Gallery Conference Room
28W701 Stafford Place
Warrenville, IL 60555
- Commissioner Rachel Wood
- Commissioner Megan Legler
- Chairperson Amy Krischel
- Commissioner Allison Rojas
- Commissioner Robin Pelfrey
- Ex-Officio: Joe Levy (WFPD)
- Ex-Officio: Dr. Limaris Pueyo (CUSD 200)
- Commissioner Johna Davidson
- Commissioner Sara Phalen
- Council Liaison: Alderman Bill Weidner
- Ex-Officio: Diana Abraham (Warrenville Library)
- Ex-Officio: Matt Odom (Warrenville Park District)
- Ex-Officio: Vacant (Student Member)
In November 2020, the City established the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness Commission to support, encourage, and promote initiatives and programs that inspire inclusivity, diversity, and equity in Warrenville. Their primary responsibilities are the following.
- Promote mutual understanding and foster equity, inclusion, and respect among all people regardless of race, color, religion, age, martial status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliations, and economic status.
- Evaluate City practices and procedures for opportunities to improve communication and engagement with the community, identify barriers that may prevent some from participating, and provide recommendations to the City Council.
- Create and share educational materials and programs aimed at informing the public to encourage understanding and open dialog on issues of discrimination and inequity.
- Work with other community partners and taxing districts on initiatives and programs that encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the community.
The Commission is made up of seven members with one non-voting member of City Council and one staff liaison. Additionally, the Commission will include non-voting members representing CUSD 200, the Park District, Fire District, Library District, and one student member from Wheaton Warrenville South. Anyone with ideas or suggestions can attend the Commission’s regular meetings at City Hall or contact the staff liaison.
To Join this Commission - Apply Online