The City seeks volunteers to serve on these commissions:
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness Commission (IDEC)
- Tourism and Arts Commission (TAC)
In November 2020, the City established the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness Commission to support, encourage, and promote initiatives and programs that inspire inclusivity, diversity, and equity in Warrenville. Their primary responsibilities include:
- Promote mutual understanding and foster equity, inclusion, and respect among all people regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliations, and economic status.
- Evaluate City practices and procedures for opportunities to improve communication and engagement with the community, identify barriers that may prevent some from participating, and provide recommendations to the City Council.
- Create and share educational materials and programs aimed at informing the public to encourage understanding and open dialog on issues of discrimination and inequity.
- Work with other community partners and taxing districts on initiatives and programs that encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the community.
Learn more about IDEC at: https://www.warrenville.il.us/800/Inclusion-Diversity-Equity-Awareness-Com
In June of 2004, the City established the Tourism and Arts Commission to nurture and promote programming for Tourism and Arts in Warrenville. Their primary responsibilities include:
- Support and encourage new, self-sustaining events that promote tourism.
- Consider and recommend to the City Council disposition of hotel/motel tax funding by reviewing application requests from outside organizations, individuals, City departments, or City Commissions.
- Nurture and coordinate a Community Art Program by making recommendations on public art, supporting efforts in art by all ages, and fostering regional recognition of Warrenville’s art program through established award programs.
- Promote internally and externally new and existing amenities of the City of Warrenville.
- Assist in the development and review of a budget for any celebration or special event for which City funding is provided and report to the City Council on such budget.
Learn more about TAC at: https://www.warrenville.il.us/318/Tourism-Arts-Commission
To be considered for one of these openings, apply on our website at: https://www.warrenville.il.us/FormCenter/City-Clerk-3/Volunteer-Application-61