National Water Quality Month reminds us to think about small steps we can take to help protect our water supply:
- Regular soap and water is better than antibacterial soaps or cleaning products. Many antibacterial soaps contain a registered pesticide that can harm marine life.
- Recycle prescription drugs at the Police Department instead of flushing unwanted or out-of-date medications down the toilet or drain.
- Keep storm drains clear of debris and don't put anything down storm drains because they carry water to local waterways.
- Fix leaks that drop from cars and put liners in driveways to collect oil and other materials.
- Look for natural products instead of using pesticides or chemical fertilizers that can end up in local waterways.
- Choose nontoxic household products when possible.
- Pick up after pets.
Learn more at: https://nationalwaterqualitymonth.org/