The Grand Opening/Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the Illinois Prairie Path Trailhead project is 2:00-4:00 p.m. Thursday, July 27 north of City Hall, 28W701 Stafford Place.
The ribbon cutting will occur at 2:30 p.m. and refreshments will be served.
The Trailhead Project improves a section of the Illinois Prairie Path at Illinois Route 56 and Batavia Road.
Key elements of the project include:
- A permanent bathroom facility
- A covered picnic shelter area
- A drinking fountain
- A bike repair station and bike racks
- A seating area and informational kiosk
- Space for community events
Other work includes:
- Relocating walkway lighting
- Updating site furnishings
- Relocating the existing butterfly garden
Photo of biker and walkers on the Trailhead courtesy of Keith Swinden