Current work on the Illinois Prairie Path Trailhead Project at Route 56 and Batavia Road includes making the Gazebo ADA accessible.
Additional work includes:
• installing a bike repair station and racks
• creating seating and gathering areas
• relocating the existing butterfly garden
• installing storm sewer and concrete sidewalk
• constructing a permanent bathroom facility, a covered picnic shelter area, and a drinking fountain
• adding landscaping
In addition, the City is a Green Region 2022 Grant Recipient for the Trailhead Project, receiving grant money from ComEd and Openlands to help fund the project.
Due to supply chain issues for some of the building materials causing long delivery times, work is expected to continue into the winter months.
Keep up with progress at warrenville.il.us/754/Trailhead-Project.