Tourism & Arts Commission
- 7 p.m.
- First Thursday after the first Plan Commission of the month (view upcoming meetings)
- Gallery Conference Room or Council Chambers
28W701 Stafford Place
Warrenville, IL 60555
In June of 2004, the City established the Tourism and Arts Commission whose mission is to nurture and promote programming for Tourism and Arts in Warrenville. Their primary responsibilities are the following.
- Support and encourage new, self-sustaining events that promote tourism.
- Consider and recommend to the City Council disposition of hotel/motel tax funding by reviewing application requests from outside organizations, individuals, City departments, or City Commissions.
- Nurture and coordinate a Community Art Program by making recommendations on public art, supporting efforts in art by all ages, and fostering regional recognition of Warrenville’s art program through established award programs.
- Promote internally and externally new and existing amenities of the City of Warrenville.
- Assist in the development and review of a budget for any celebration or special event for which City funding is provided and report to the City Council on such budget.
Five Warrenville residents make up the Commission with one non-voting member of City Council and one staff liaison. Anyone with ideas regarding tourism or arts can attend the Commission’s regular meetings at City Hall or contact the staff liaison.