In September, the City's Street Division and Utility Division staff continued work at the Prairie Path Trailhead project site. Staff moved five street lights and added an additional light.
Additional work includes:
- installing a bike repair station and racks
- creating seating and gathering areas
- making the gazebo ADA accessible
- relocating the existing butterfly garden
- installing storm sewer and concrete sidewalk
- adding landscaping
In addition, the City is a Green Region 2022 Grant Recipient for the Trailhead Project, receiving grant money from ComEd and Openlands to help fund the project.
Please note, due to supply chain issues for some of the building materials causing long delivery times, work on the building is expected to continue into the winter months.
Keep up with progress at warrenville.il.us/754/Trailhead-Project.