If brush needs to be picked up due to a storm , complete a service request to Public Works (LINK to form), or call 630-836-3050. If brush is blocking traffic and/or causing a hazard, it will be attended to promptly. Updates on storm brush pickup will be posted under "Spotlights" on the City homepage (LINK) and on the City Facebook page (LINK).
Brush Pickup Schedule
Seasonal brush pickup occurs in April, May, September and October:
- Zone 1 - 1st Monday of the Month
- Zone 2 - 2nd Monday of the Month
- Zone 3 - 3rd Monday of the Month
- Zone 4 - 4th Monday of the Month
If Monday is a holiday observed by the City (LINK to City Calendar), pickup will be on Tuesday. For example, the first Monday of September is Labor Day, so pickup will for Zone-1 will occur on Tuesday.
Identify your zone: Brush Pickup Zone Map (PDF).
Preparing a Pile for Pickup
Please observe the following guidelines to ensure staff safety and an efficient pickup.
- Put out pile prior to 7:00 A.M. on the day of pickup
- Limit one pile of trimmed brush per address
- No logs, lumber, yard waste, thorns or root-balls
- Pile size needs to be smaller than 3 feet high, 8 feet wide, and 15 feet long
- Branches do NOT exceed 8 inches in diameter
- Branches do NOT exceed 8 feet in length
- Place cut ends extend toward the street. If piles are not prepared with all cut ends toward the road, the pile will not be pick up.
Residents may access as many free woodchips at:
Public Works Garage, 3S346 Mignin Drive
The woodchip bin is accessible 24 hours per day and located at the north end of Mignin Drive. Resident cooperation is greatly appreciated in order to ensure that the program is efficient and can continue.