The Zoning Ordinance is adopted for the purpose of improving and protecting the public health, safety, and welfare of residents of the City via the following tenants:
- Implement objectives of the City’s Comprehensive Plan
- Zone all land in the City with a view to conserving property values and encouraging the most appropriate use of land
- Protect all areas of the City from harmful encroachment by incompatible uses
- Establish adequate standards for the provision of light, air, and open spaces
- Prevent overcrowding of land and undue concentration of population, thereby preventing blight and deterioration
- Lessen congestion in public streets
- Facilitate public services and facilities such as transportation, water, sewerage, and parks
- Provide for drainage, control of erosion, reduction of flood damage, and destruction of environmental resources
- Encourage a range of housing opportunities that enables all people working in Warrenville to live within the City
- Foster a desirable pattern of relationships among residential, commercial, industrial, and other uses
- Isolate and control the location of unavoidable nuisance-producing uses
Zoning Ordinance 1018 has been incorporated into the City Code as Title 10.
View/Download Warrenville Zoning Ordinance HERE.